Now, on to the trip around the net for some great marketing tips.
1. Virtual Author Tour How-To Guide- Penny Sansevieri puts her book marketing experience to use with her tips on building a string Internet presence the right way.
2. Scams and Ineffective Advertising Opportunities- In our desire to find the perfect marketing activity for our book, we can sometimes become susceptible to some shady business offers. John Kremer lends his wisdom on how to evaluate legitimate opportunities and spot potential scams.
3. 23 Tips To Top Search Engine Rankings- We all want to have our page appear at the top of the search results when people search for the topic of our book or web site. Laksh Khamesra gives some practical tips on how to accomplish this.
4. Come up with 10 Post Ideas- In his series, 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, ProBlogger's Darren Rowse gives advice on how to deal with Blogger's Block- running out of things to blog about.
5. Viral Marketing: How To Use Viral Content to Get People Talking About You- Zeke Camusio returns to our blog tour with this no-nonsense approach to viral marketing.
6. Top Gobbledygook phrases used in 2008 and how to avoid them- David Meerman Scott dives into the trite, business slang that we are sometimes tempted to use in our communications. David gives advice on how to void this and even provides a list of some of the top gobbledygook phrases used in 2008.
7. 8 Principles for the Modern Blog …at least for 2009- Jeremiah Owyang provides some key ideas for your consideration as you hone your blogging skills.
8. Online sales: Give people what they want – not what they need- LA Internet Business Examiner's Phyllis Zimbler Miller discusses the psychology of successful marketing to people.
9. 4 Ways To Use Images To Enhance Your Blog- Tim Scullin talks about using photos in your blog to make a killer first impression on your visitors and the search engines.
10. Top 10 Marketing Blogs – 2007/2008- Michael Stelzner shares his top picks for the best marketing blogs. Each one is worth taking a peek at.
That's ends our tour around the net. No doubt, you will find a ton of ideas in these articles that will help you approach next week's marketing activities fresh and full of excitement. Until then, enjoy the weekend and don't forget to enter the Marketing Books contest.