1. Emoticons, Book Packaging, ebooks .. what was the future, is now the past?- Kicking us off today is Hilary Melton-Butcher post that takes a look at where books may be going in the future by looking at where they have come from the past.
2. 6 ways authors can profit from their books "after the sale"- Roger C. Parker shows you that once your book is published, it can mean the beginning of the ways to profit from it.
3. Distinguishing Between the URL for Your Website and Your Brand- Phyllis Zimbler Miller shares some great advice on how to, and not to, choose a URL that reinforces your brand.
4. The Secret to Getting Great Book Reviews on Amazon- Todd Rutherford hosts Dana Lynn Smith, who will give you some great points on how to get great reviews for your book on Amazon.com.
5. Create a Facebook Page for Your Book- BookBuzzr invites Phyllis Zimbler Miller to share her tips on creating a Facebook page for your book.
6. Promote Your Book by Becoming a Keynote Speaker- Dana Lynn Smith invites Ellen Brazer to show you how you can become a keynote speaker to promote your book.
7. If Hamlet Doth Tweeted- Every now and then, a post comes along that you just have to share. Hal Brown pens Shakespearean verse with a decidedly 21st century theme. Enjoy!
8. How To Use Book Trailers Effectively. Interview With Darcy Pattison- Joanna Penn has an informative interview with Darcy Pattison in this podcats that will help you use your book trailers effectively.
9. What Starbucks Taught Me About Search Engine Marketing- Penny Sansevieri uses Starbucks as an example of using a marketing principle to make sure people get what they are looking for when they visit sites about you and your book.
10. Who Are You?- L. Diane Wolfe poses what sounds like the easiest question for us to answer. As we close out this week's trip around the net, I thought it would be appropriate for us to consider this question because our answers can have a tremendous effect on how we allow ourselves to be perceived.
That's it for this week's trip around the net. With the beginning of September, the NFL is gearing up. Good luck to you and your favorite team. Being a native Hoosier, I will be pulling for the Indianapolis Colt's. We'll see if they have what it takes to cross the finish line this year. See you on Monday.