Yesterday, my parents and brother left to go back to Indiana after spending about a week with our family. One of the cool things we did was visit the Heard Museum in McKinney, TX. They have life-size animatronic dinosaurs now through the end of the January. It's an unsettling experience to take a picture of your 4 year old twin boys under a large T-Rex while it moves and roars.
Now onto today's post...
1. Blog tip – Show the books you’ve written & the books you're reading- Roger C. Parker shares a way to show the books you're reading to your blog readers via Shelfari.
2. How to Plan Your Virtual Book Tour- Dana Lynn Smith invites Sandra Beckwith to share tips on planning that perfect book tour.
3. How To Create A Book Trailer- Joanna Penn walks you through the process of creating a trailer for your book.
4. Publications: Another New Section on LinkedIn- Phyllis Zimbler Miller shares an exciting new section on Linked-In for authors and publishers.
5. Jerry B. Jenkins: A Best-selling Author From Whom You Can Learn- Todd Rutherford looks to best-selling Christian book author Jerry Jenkins for lessons we can use today.
6. 'Best of the AME Blog' Marketing Tips 2010 – New Year Kickoff- Paula Krapf shares some of the hottest tips in 2010 from the AME blog.
7. Book Trailer Contest Voting - Final Round!- L. Diane Wolfe is hosting a video trailer contest on her blog. You have 2 days left to cast your vote (voting ends at 9 PM on Sunday, January 9th). Hurry, go vote!
8. How Authors Can Use Facebook Pages for Their Book Marketing- BookBuzzr has invited Phyllis Zimbler Miller to talk about using Facebook to promote your book.
9. Amazon Kindle Lets Book Buyers Lend Books!- Carolyn Howard-Johnson talks about a new feature on your Kindle books that will help you sell more by allowing your readers to lend your title to others.
10. 5 Reasons Online Collaborations Can Help You Beat Out The Competition- Daniel Scocco discusses why it might be in your best interest to collaborate with others on your blog rather than trying to do it all by yourself.
That's it for this week's post. I hope you all had a great holiday. And for all you who are living in the DFW area, you should really try to make it to see the dinosaurs in McKinney before they travel to their next museum.