1. Our guest author yesterday, Karen McQuestion, (Best Selling Kindle Author Karen McQuestion Gives E-Book Advice To Authors) gave me some pointers on creating book covers. I will write next week on my inability to create book covers until my talk with her. Now, I have replaced my hideous Kindle cover of The Samson Effect with with this one. My thanks to her for her guidance.
2. Don't forget that Pari Danian will be at the Plano Barnes and Noble tomorrow (Saturday March 12th- 2 pm) to sign copies of her beautiful book, The Palatable Plate, Cook Like an Artist. Check out her post this week for more details.
Now, on to out trip around the net...
1. Smart Self Publishing Series, Part 4: Why Book Design & Editing Matter- Starting us off today is an interview that Penny Sansevieri did with Sue Collier on editing your book and designs for the cover.
2. Write Lots Of Books Or Build An Author Platform. Which Is More Effective?- Joanna Penn weighs in on the debate of building platforms vs writing multiple books to grow your business as an author.
3. Interview with Joel Friedlander "The Book Designer"- Shelley Hitz sits down with Joel Friedlander as they discuss advice for the self-published author.
4. Making eBook Conversion Decisions- Joel Friedlander is back with his own advice on the choices an author makes when converting their book to an e-book.
5. Social Media Does NOT Magically Work: You Have to Work It- Phyllis Zimbler Miller gives a dose of reality to those who want social media to work for them.
6. Article Marketing Fallout from Google Algorithm Changes- MaAnna Stephenson discusses what effect Google's recent change to its algorithm might have on people who use article marketing to help build their platform.
7. Important News for Authors with Facebook Fan Pages- Dana Lynn Smith discusses the changes that take effect in Facebook today.
8. Book Promotion Without Getting Out from Behind Your Computer- Carolyn Howard-Johnson shares some advice with writers who may be a little shy when it comes to book marketing.
9. How long can traditional media hold out on self-published authors?- Steven Lewis weighs in on the self published author and media attention.
10. Sell more books by making it easy for others to review your book- How easy is it for others to review your book? Roger C. Parker gives you a few tips to make it a little easier.
That's it for this week's trip around the net. I look forward to seeing you on Monday morning with more Marketing Tips For Authors.