1. The Kindle version of The Samson Effect yesterday jumped in and out of the Top 10 on Amazon's Bestsellers in Men's Adventure Fiction list. Thanks to all who have helped make it a success.
2. For a limited time, I have dropped the Kindle version of Conducting Effective Twitter Contests: With Videos 89%, from $8.99 to $0.99. This book is packed with book marketing lessons, so pick up your copy before this sale is over.
Now, on to our trip around the net...
1. Mark Coker of Smashwords at BAIPA: Indie Revolution in Full Swing- Joel Friedlander summarizes Mark Coker's speech with a lot of tips for authors.
2. Kindle Sales And Pricing With Kindle Nation Daily's Steven Windwalker- Joanna Penn interviews Steven Windwalker in a fascinating and informative podcast packed with advice for Kindle authors.
3. The 10 Terrible Truths of Book Marketing- Dana Lynn Smith invites Terry Cordingley to shoot straight with some book marketing truths that every authors needs to hear.
4. Book Review Controversies: Jim Cox and Carolyn Exchange Views- Carolyn Howard-Johnson shares a fascinating communication exchange between a veteran editor and a new author.
5. Why You Won't Succeed- Joe Konrath shares his no-nonsense advice for authors who want to succeed in the publishing world.
6. Book design and the business of self-publishing with Joel Friedlander- Steven Lewis interviews Joel Friedlander in a podcast that delivers excellent advice to authors.
7. Craft an Exceptional Elevator Pitch- Penny Sansevieri delivers a clinic in this post on crafting an elevator pitch.
8. 7 Essentials of Online Marketing Success for Authors – Part 7: Synergy- Roger C. Parker walks you through the process of letting your book's content fuel your marketing activities.
9. Killing the Sacred Cows of Publishing: Killing a Career- Dean Wesley Smith taps his years of publishing experience to address another myth that authors will often hear.
10. Making Excuses for Not Effectively Using Social Media- Phyllis Zimbler Miller shares an experience with someone who made excuses instead of making changes.
11. New WordPress iOS for iPhone and iPad Review and Tutorial- MaAnna Stephenson shares a new update for iPhone/iPad that makes it much easier for bloggers to update Wordpress via their mobile device.
12. 7 social media marketing mistakes made by authors (and others)- Sue Collier shares some mistakes that authors need to be aware of when they create social media marketing plans.
13. Thoughts on a Book Festival- L. Diane Wolfe gives you a rundown on the recent SC Book Festival in Columbia, SC.
14. Author Blogging and Reader Engagement- BookBuzzr invites Joel Friedlander to share his advice on how bloggers can maximize relationships with their readers.
15. Things to Consider When You Redesign a Blog- Piotr Kowalczyk provides a must-read post for anyone looking to redesign their blog.
16. 8 Things Readers Want From Self-Published Authors- Jane Friedman pulls comments from her blog to compile a list of what readers are looking for in a self-published author.
17. 10 Actions You Can Take to Improve Your Proofreading- Nick Daws invites Randall Davidson to share advice on how to increase your book editing skills.
18. 5 Tornado Ingredients that'll Ensure Your Next Post Turns Viral- Darren Rowse invites Martyn Chamberlin to share advice on helping your next post go viral.
19. 301 Redirects Lose Google Juice, Pagerank [Confirmed]- Quick Online Tips shares some interesting news about how 301 redirects will affect your Google page rank by going straight to the source.
20. Literary Agencies as Publishers: An Accelerating Trend- Victoria Strauss shares some information that all authors need to be aware of.
21. Amazon CEO: State tax demands violate Constitution- Steve Weber discusses Amazon's stance on collecting state sales taxes.
22. My Top 10 Social Media Sites- Larry Brauner shares his top social media sites and tells you why he likes them.
23. How to Prevent Blah Blah Blogging- Chris Antoni gives you some advice on how to keep the boring blogging away from your blog.
Well, that's it for this week's trip around the net. I'll see you tomorrow with another great Resource Of The Week.
Last 4 Tips Around The Net:
-------- Tony Eldridge is the author of The Samson Effect, an action/adventure novel that Clive Cussler calls a "first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure." He is also the author of the Twitter marketing book, Conducting Effective Twitter Contests.