Before we do, I have a couple of quick announcements. First, tomorrow is the last day to leave a comment for our Sunday Kindle Book Giveaway. Bridges: A Tale of Niagara By dk LeVick and Without Regrets By Kristi Burchfiel are our two current titles you can read about and have a chance to win. Check out these two books today!
Also, for our DFW readers, Kat Smith is hosting a Muse Literary Mingle through The Writer's Guild Of Texas next week. I'll be the featured author, and I'd love to meet and chat with you. It will be Tuesday, June 21 from 5:00pm - 8:00pm. For more information, checkout out the flyer on the Facebook event.
Now, on to our trip around the net...
1. Book Marketing Q&A With Joanna Penn- Joanna Penn answers your submitted book marketing questions.
2. Chapter One: Killing the Sacred Cows of Publishing: Only One Way- This is the first post by Dean Wesley Smith in a series on Killing The Sacred Cows Of Publishing that's worth checking out.
3. An interview with Karen McQuestion- Steven Lewis interviews Karen McQuestion about her self-publishing success.
4. Do Kindle eBooks Need ISBN Numbers (as well as other eBooks)?- Shelley Hitz discusses ISBNs and e-books.
5. Making Time for Social Media for Your Business or Book- Phyllis Zimbler Miller talks about finding time for your social media marketing efforts.
6. 11 self-publishing strategies for success- Sue Collier gives you some tips on succeeding with your self-publishing plans.
7. When Big Book Publishers Win- Joel Friedlander gives a balanced look at the publishing industry with this post on big book publishers.
8. Understanding How the Traditional Publishing Model Works- Penny Sansevieri helps you understand the publishing landscape.
9. Book Promo - Traditional and 21st Century - with Elizabeth Spann-Craig- L. Diane Wolfe invites Elizabeth Spann-Craig to discuss traditional and 21st century book marketing and promotions.
10. Authors and speeches–what are your takeaways from this speech?- Roger C. Parker breaks down a successful speech.
11. How to Get More Facebook Likes- Carolyn Howard-Johnson talks about getting more likes on Facebook.
12. Successful Blog Comment Strategies- MaAnna Stephenson gives tips on developing strong commenting strategies.
13. Listen Free: The Future of Authorship & Publishing- Jane Friedman discusses the future of authorship and publishing.
14. How to Make YouTube Videos Load Faster- Quick Online Tips shares info on a new YouTube beta program you might want to check out.
15. Are You Making These Five Common Blogging Mistakes?- Daniel Scocco shares some big blogging problems to watch for.
16. A Comprehensive Post on SEO- Darren Rowse invites Kole McRae to share some SEO tips.
17. Simple Tip to Embed All Readability Buttons on Your Blog- Piotr Kowalczyk shows you how to add the "Send To Kindle" button on your blog.
18. 45 Ways to Blog as a Novelist: Tips for Writers of Fiction- John Kremer gives fiction authors a ton of tips when it comes to blogging.
19. MWA(BNSP) - Mystery Writers of America (But Not for the Self-Published)- Joe Konrath shares his views on writing organizations and their view of self-published authors.
20. Promote Your Books with Video- BookBuzzr invites Dana Lynn Smith to discuss promoting your book by using videos.
21. When It Pays to Ignore Copyright Theft- Nick Daws discusses the possible benefits to copyright theft to an author.
22. Author Interview Series – Shel Horowitz – Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers- Dvorah Lansky interviews Shel Horowitz about his publishing journey.
23. Amazon shifts all FBA media sellers to PA warehouse- Steve Weber keeps us up on industry news with Amazon and it's fulfillment changes.
That's it for this week's trip around the net. I'll see you tomorrow with a new resource of the week to help you and your work as an author or publisher.
Tony Eldridge is the author of The Samson Effect, an action/adventure novel that Clive Cussler calls a "first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure." He is also the author of the Twitter marketing book, Conducting Effective Twitter Contests. His new novel, The Lottery Ticket, was just recently released on Kindle.