Before we do, I have a couple of quick in-house announcements. First, thanks to all who helped me spread the word about my Kindle version of The Samson Effect. Thanks to you, I sold over 2500 copies in June. My new book, The Lottery Ticket is not selling as well yet, but its first month has sold twice as many copies as the first month Kindle sales for The Samson Effect. I give you all my heart-felt thanks for helping me spread the word.
Also, we have two days left for you to win a free copy of our Sunday Kindle Book Giveaways. This week, we are featuring Sea of Shadows By Jeff Edwards and A Heart Held Ransomed by Skotko/Tankersley. Visit their pages to learn about theses books and then leave a comment for your chance to win a copy from the authors.
Now, on to our trip around the net...
1. Ways to Draw Attention to My Booth - Book Signing- Shelley Hitz invites Judi Chesshir to share her creative approach at book signings.
2. 7 Things You Can Do Today to Improve Your Book Design- Joel Friedlander gives you some top advice for designing your next book.
3. The Future of Book Publishing- Dana Lynn Smith discusses how technology will change the book publishing landscape.
4. 5 Things More Important Than Talent- Jane Friedman shares the 5 questions every author needs to ask themselves.
5. Eight Steps to Successfully Market Your Book Online- Penny Sansevieri cuts to the chase and gives you rock-solid steps you'll want to use to market your book.
6. John Locke is an idiot: LA Times- Steven Lewis has a great commentary by looking at the LA Times criticism of the phenomenal success of indie author John Locke.
7. How To Create A Podcast- BookBuzzr invites podcast expert Joanna Penn to share her tips on pulling of top-notch podcasts.
8. Prediction: J.K. Rowling's Pottermore Will Change the Entire eBook Landscape- Phyllis Zimbler Miller makes the case for not using DRM protection on your e-books.
9. Google + Wants You and I Want You to Learn From Them!- Carolyn Howard-Johnson talks about Google's new Google+ button and what that can mean to you.
10. Writing for Visual Thinkers – not just artists & designers- Roger C. Parker takes a look at Andrea Marks' book. He summarizes it by saying, "Writing is a muscle, and needs regular exercise to be strong so it’s there when you need it."
11. The Art And Science Of Lightbulb Moments With Tom Evans- Joanna Penn sits with Tom Evans to discuss those flashes of inspiration that we all long for.
12. Why would a happy self-publisher want an agent? A Q&A with agent Jody Rein- Sue Collier sits with agent Jody Rein and discusses her take on agents and self-published authors.
13. Selling to Markets Outside the Bookstore- L. Diane Wolfe shares some lessons learned from a Brian Jud telecast.
14. Oh, The Math Of It All- Dean Wesley Smith helps authors understand the business number behind pricing your ebooks.
15. Storytelling Applications for Your Smartphone- Piotr Kowalczyk shares a great list of storytelling apps for your smartphones.
16. Agencies Becoming Publishers--a Trend and a Problem- Victoria Strauss continues her look into the evolving practice of agents moving into the self-publishing business.
17. 101 Ways to Blog as a Book Author: Updated- John Kremer gives you a list that you'll want to bookmark when you're looking for ways to use your blog.
18. Amazon explains FBA long-term storage, inventory tools, and storage limits for new sellers- Steve Weber gives more detail on your "Fulfilled By Amazon" relationship with the online retailer.
19. Google+ Project: Get Social Like Never Before [Videos]- Have you heard of the Google+ project? These videos compiled by QuickOnlineTips will give you a taste of what it's about.
20. How Can Authors Benefit From Using YouTube to Get Traffic?- Todd Rutherford discusses how to leverage your relationship with the 3rd most visited site on the net.
21. Podcast with Author and Marketing Expert Tony Eldridge- MaAnna Stephenson sits with me to discuss all things book marketing.
22. Attack of the Self-Publishing Memes! - A Guest Post by Barry Eisler- Joe Konrath invites best selling author Barry Eisler to discuss the evolving relationships between agents and authors.
23. The Secret of Successful E-book Formatting- Nick Daws invites David Robinson to share his tips on formatting your ebooks.
24. How to Keyword Focus Your Website or Blog for Better SEO- Larry Brauner gives some great tips on how your blog can benefit from better SEO.
25. Finding Writing Time and Working Smarter- The creators of DuoLit offer tips for authors who may have gotten overwhelmed with their schedules on how to reclaim their writing time.
That's it for this week's trip around the net. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning with another cool resource of the week! Happy 4th of July everyone!!
Tony Eldridge is the author of The Samson Effect, an action/adventure novel that Clive Cussler calls a "first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure." He is also the author of the Twitter marketing book, Conducting Effective Twitter Contests. His new novel, The Lottery Ticket, was just recently released on Kindle.